Do you struggle with spider veins, varicose veins, or other vascular issues? If so, you’re probably like many people out there who often feel frustrated by their vein problems and don’t know where to go for treatment.
Dr.Bardwil is a trusted vascular surgeon in Houston for all vein issues. Get expert treatment and relief for your vascular concerns.
Why is Dr.Bardwil the Right Vascular Surgeon for You?
Numerous Industry Awards
Our continuous commitment to patients is reflected in our industry awards. Choose the doctor who was selected as:
- Living Magazine’s Best of Reader’s Choice Awards for Best Vein Doctor in Houston for 2020 and 2022.
- A top vascular doctor by his peers and H Texas Magazine, with a circulation of 57,000 readers. Dr. Michael Bardwil has been recognized five separate years for this award—2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021.
- Dr. Michael Bardwil’s clinic and medical team, Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists, was also recognized as the Best Varicose Vein Treatment Center in Houston by The Houston Chronicle in 2021 and 2022 (850,000 daily readers and 1.4 million readers on Sundays).
You can view a comprehensive list of our industry awards here.
More Than 30 Years of Professional Expertise
There’s a reason Houston doctors send their patients with vein problems to Dr. Bardwil. Why? Because he not only trains other physicians, but many of his patients are doctors themselves. He also has over 31 years of experience as a surgeon.
Trailblazer in the Vascular Surgery
As a board certified general surgeon and vascular surgeon at Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists in Houston, Texas, Dr. Bardwil is a trailblazer in the field of vascular surgery and health. His training, tools, and techniques have been implemented by physicians worldwide in treatment for vein procedures.
Which Vascular Conditions Do We Treat at Our Houston Vein Center?
At Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists, we treat a variety of vein conditions and provide many types of vascular surgery depending on each patient’s needs. Some of the most common conditions that require a vascular surgeon are varicose veins and spider veins.
Common Symptoms of Varicose Veins Are:
- Pain that causes aching, burning, and heaviness in legs
- Protruding and visibly enlarged purple or blue veins
- Leg cramps accompanied by bulging veins
- Leg pain while sitting or standing
Common Symptoms of Spider Veins Are:
- Often appear similar to a spider web
- Smaller than varicose veins
- Most commonly visible on legs and thighs, but they can show up on other areas of the body like the hands or face
- Closer to the surface of the skin
- Sometimes painful, but often more of a cosmetic concern
Why is Circulation Evaluation Important?
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), most adults will develop spider veins, often between the ages of 30 and 50 years old. The NIH also reports that around 20% of adults (often women) will get varicose veins eventually as well.
A circulation evaluation is crucial for all patients with vein problems, even if they appear minor. Because the vascular system is interrelated, there could be other underlying issues relating to your arteries, lymphatic system, or heart.
Why Get Treatment for Varicose Veins and Spider Veins at Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists?
Aside from cosmetic reasons, the pain and discomfort that comes from varicose veins and spider veins can be resolved with treatment from a top vascular doctor. When you schedule an appointment with Dr. Bardwil, he will thoroughly evaluate your condition and advise you on the best treatment.
When you make an appointment at Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists, you’ll be welcomed by our knowledgeable and friendly staff and you’ll always be seen by a physician, not a nurse or physician assistant.
Dr. Bardwil takes pride in knowing each of his patients are properly evaluated, and he takes the time to listen to them and give them the treatment they need to resolve their vein problems.
Vascular Procedures We Offer for Varicose, Spider, and Reticular Veins
- Endovenous laser ablation
- VNUS Closure
- Varithena Procedure
- Vein Gogh Treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do Vascular Surgeons Do?
Vascular surgeons evaluate, diagnose, and provide treatment for people who have diseases or conditions that affect the blood vessels.
How Do I Know If I Should See a Vascular Surgeon?
Some common signs to watch for are:
- Leg pain and cramps while walking
- Painful, bulging, or uncomfortable varicose veins or spider veins
- Swelling in an arm, leg, ankle, hand, or foot with pain or tenderness (This can be a sign of Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT)
- Leg ulcers or discoloration from varicose veins
What Happens During a Vascular Procedure?
It depends on the type of procedure that’s performed. As an expert in the highly specialized field of vascular surgery, Dr. Bardwil uses the latest state-of-the-art technology, along with his extensive vein treatment experience, to ensure a successful outcome.
Before each procedure, he discusses risks as well as the benefits of each treatment with his patients so they are properly informed. Dr. Bardwil is known for his high success rate, and that’s why he continues to get referrals from satisfied patients who have friends and family in need of a vascular surgeon.
Most of Dr. Bardwil’s preferred methods are laser procedures. As a pioneer in laser vein treatment in Houston, he was one of the first physicians to use the 1470 wavelength laser, the most advanced laser available to vascular surgeons.
How Serious are Vascular Procedures?
Most of the procedures recommended for varicose veins and spider veins are minimally invasive and serious complications are rare. Choosing Dr. Bardwil, the best vascular surgeon in Houston makes a difference in your results. The majority of vein treatments are completed right in the office, with local anesthesia, rather than in an operating room. As a result, there is less risk involved.
How Long Do Vascular Treatments Usually Take?
Again, it depends on the procedure, but most treatments for varicose veins and spider veins are done quickly and conducted in less than an hour. Some are finished within minutes.