Michael F. Bardwil, MD, FACS – Vein Specialist of Houston
Board Certified Vascular & General Surgeon
The answer to all your vein problems.
Who is Dr. Michael Bardwil?
Michael F. Bardwil, MD, FACS, RVT, RVPI, is board certified in both general surgery and vascular surgery and a top vein specialist of Houston. He has over 31 years of experience performing a wide range of surgical procedures, and for the last 16 years, has dedicated his efforts exclusively to the treatment of veins. Dr. Bardwil has taken his vast surgical expertise and combined it with state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology to form Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists.
Learn more: What is a vascular surgeon?
Dr. Michael Bardwil earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, and completed his internship and residency training in General Surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas.
Dr. Bardwil served in the United States Navy as a Lieutenant Commander and was a Navy surgeon in both Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. While in the Navy, Dr. Bardwil was involved in the training of surgical residents and received an academic appointment of assistant clinical professor of surgery at the University of California Medical School in Davis. Dr. Bardwil then completed a fellowship in Vascular Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
After returning to Texas, he continued to teach residents and was appointed as the assistant clinical professor of surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston.
Dr. Bardwil left the medical center in 1998 and moved his practice further west to allow for greater patient access. He continued to practice both general and vascular surgery at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center until 2004, when he decided to focus his practice exclusively in the treatment of veins. From there, he founded a Houston vein clinic: Texas Vein & Cosmetic Specialists was formed and, in 2009, Dr. Bardwil completed construction on our state-of-the-art clinic built specifically to meet the needs of vein patients.
In addition to his practice duties, Dr. Bardwil frequently leads seminars for physicians wanting to learn more about the treatment of leg veins. He has also taught physicians from around the United States and Canada, and has taught physicians from as far away as Kuwait.
Numerous Industry Awards
Dr. Bardwil’s medical expertise has garnered recognition, leading to his receipt of numerous industry-relevant awards for his outstanding work. These are a few noteworthy awards worth mentioning:
- 2022 Top Vascular Surgeon in Houston, TX, awarded by Texas Monthly
- 2022 Best Varicose Vein Treatment Center in Houston by The Houston Chronicle
- Best Vein Doctor in Houston in 2022 awarded by Living Magazine
- Top Doctor of vascular Surgery in Houston in 2021, awarded by H Texas Magazine
- 2021 Best Varicose Vein Treatment Center in Houston by The Houston Chronicle
- Best Vein Doctor in 2020 in Houston by Living Magazine
About Our Vein Clinic
Our main vein center is conveniently located in the energy corridor of west Houston, near I-10 and N. Eldridge Parkway. For convenience, we also see patients in Katy on specific days each month. Call our office to schedule a consultation at the location most convenient to you.
All content on this site has been meticulously written or reviewed by Dr. Michael Bardwil, ensuring that the medical facts displayed are trustworthy. Your health and well-being are our top priorities.
Find Dr. Bardwil on Social Media
- Board Certified Vascular Surgeon
- 26+ Years of Surgical Experience
- Voted “Top Doc” by H Texas Magazine
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Southwestern Surgical Congress
- American College of Surgeons
- The American College of Phlebology
- Harris County Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Houston Surgical Association
- Texas Surgical Society
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine